Thursday, July 7, 2011

Latest Photoshoot: Kurv. magazine


Here are some images from my recent editorial published in Kurv. magazine, shot by my good friend Billie Muller. I had no idea that she had submitted this test shoot to Kurv. mag for publication, until after she brought back the good news that it was going into their next issue. Needless to say, I was completely over the moon and loved the sneaky surprise! Thank you Billie!!







The idea for this shoot was loosely based on the novel "Wuthering Heights" and its theme of sibling romance. We shot this editorial in the rundown fishing village Jazirat Al Hamra (the "Red Island") in Ras Al Khaimah, one of Dubai's neighboring Emirates.

It is most often referred to as "Ghost Town", the story goes that this town was haunted, leaving it abandoned, uninhabited and neglected since 1968. The village was created in the 14th century by pearl fishermen families and is now the last authentic town in the United Arab Emirates.

I love this place, it is without doubt one of my favorite locations for shoots ... scanning through Harper's Bazaar Arabia and The National M Magazine editorials I realize that more so than ghosts, fashion photography crews haunt this place, which would explain the occasional Eyelash Glue I found whilst wandering through the ruins :)

Here are some behind the scene shots as well as a couple shots sharing this wonderful location with you.

Shot by : Jason Kotecha www.escapism-online.com


Shot by: Nadia Masood
Shot by: Nadia Masood
Shot by: Bjorn Moemann